Sugar Cookie Recipe
My go-to recipe when baking is sugar cookies, since they are so versatile and are made with ingredients I always have around! After my trial and error, I have come up with a delicious sugar cookie recipe that you have to try! Here is my soft and chewy sugar cookie recipe!
Sugar Cookie Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Optional: 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and either spray a baking sheet or use coconut oil.
- Using an electric mixer or whisk, cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl, until it becomes a light white and is fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined and the mixture is fluffy. Also, if you’re using sprinkles, put them in now.
- Slowly beat in the baking soda, salt, baking powder, and flour. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl while mixing to incorporate all the ingredients. Mix until completely combined and the dough begins to create a ball in the bowl.
- Use an ice cream scoop or mold balls with your hands and place cookie dough on the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes, and let cool for about 8 minutes. Finally, Enjoy!
If you want, you can frost the cookies or mix in other ingredients to make these cookies your own! I love that these cookies maintain the perfect shape but still taste delicious! With the perfect amount of cooking, they are gooey inside but crisp on the outside.
Thank you for reading my sugar cookie recipe! I hope you try them out and tell me if you enjoyed them below! To find more of my recipes, check out this page! Thank you!